We are looking for a Senior Web Developer based in Latin America with Java and Groovy expertise to work on a challenging project in the US. You will be joining the team of a health care industry that is working with data-enabled technologies to reduce surgical complications and improve outcomes. Their applications empower surgeons and hospitals with data visibility, learning, and automation tools to address surgery’s most acute problems.
The successful candidate will also collaborate and communicate remotely with a team of other Engineers, QAs, Scrum Masters, and Product Owners to deliver code with a strong focus on quality, using agile methodologies.
- Design and implement products and applications using Java.
- Work in real-time data exchange.
- Solve problems to improve patient outcomes and scaling the system.
- Help the team define and maintain development practices that let the client iterate quickly while maintaining quality.
- Work in an agile programming environment.
- Bachelor in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years experience developing in Java
- Experience with MySQL
- Deep experience in Groovy/Grails.
- Experience and comfort with relational databases such as Mysql and PostgreSQL is a must.
- Experience with AWS is required.
- Nice to Have: Preferred developers with experience writing analytical software using data warehouses and large data sets
- Experience with Angular is a plus, but most of the work is in Java and Groovy.