The Estimator is responsible for producing accurate and timely bid estimates for our Commercial, Residential and Maintenance Divisions within the organization.
- This position ensures estimates are produced in a timely and accurate fashion to assist the sales department in presenting bids and achieving an above average close percentage of the jobs which are proposed.
-Responsible for staying abreast of product, supply and sub-contractor pricing as well as the company´s operating production capabilities to ensure accurate estimates.
- Position negotiates pricing with vendors, sub-contractors, performs site assessments and makes decisions on how to adjust price based upon circumstances of site or project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction
- A self-starter and needs minimal direction.
- Growth minded, forward-thinking and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- 3 years’ experience bids estimating, project management or related area
- Knowledge of related software applications – Plan Swift, Bluebeam Rev, OST, Excel, AutoCAD
- Understanding and working knowledge of contractual legal language
- Keen eye for detail requirements of estimating and preparing proper bids
- Excellent english communication and interpersonal skills
- Profit driven -- seeks ways to cut costs and improve efficiency
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Performs and demands excellent quality in work
Performs all aspects of bidding process, including measuring properties for field estimates, reviewing invitations to bid, pre-site inspections, drawing plans for irrigation and landscaping, preparing estimates for commercial division
Submit accurate Company bids in a timely and effective manner. Meet deadlines of requesting party.
Accurately records and meets the budgeted estimating man-hours required to generate an estimate on all assigned jobs.
Frequent customer contact to discuss project and make changes/corrections as needed.
Secure and manage suppliers in conjunction with production staff for all products and services the project will require.
Negotiate with suppliers to the lowest possible price without creating adversarial relationships that could affect quality or on-time delivery.
Anticipates and times likely supply shortages and makes advance recommendations for purchasing solutions.
Anticipate customer needs with positive solutions in a timely manner, assists in the sales of change orders and extra contracted work
Installation: attend on-site job meetings, monitor quality of plant material, and document activities in order to complete installation in a satisfactory manner.
Analyzes awarded bids for estimating accuracy.
Maintains current vendor files with that includes contact information, manuals, pricing and product catalogs.